Skip to main content

NEW POST

Celebrating 30 Years of Starbucks SG: Hunting Down 8 Iconic Store Stamps in 2 Weeks

Whether you’re team YouTube or team Blog, I’ve got you covered! Moving forward, I’ll be pairing my video uploads with extra-detailed blog posts so you get the full scoop every time. In honor of Starbucks’ 30th Anniversary in Singapore (opened in 14.12.1996) , they released exclusive store stamps across 8 iconic outlets . I set out on a two-week mission to collect every single one. And it turned out to be equal parts of café exploration and endurance test; braving the intense tropical heat of Singapore and racking up serious steps as part of my daily exercise, just to reach outlets like Gardens by the Bay! But discovering new stores and filling up my journal made every step worth it. Here’s how the whole quest went down! Grab a journal card at any of the 8 iconic stores and get started! #1 Stop - Chinatown My stamp hunt officially kicked off at the 37 Smith Street outlet in Chinatown, the most convenient starting point for me since it’s just one stop train ride from my office during m...

Food Review | Tom Yum Kungfu (2nd visit)

If you have read my previous post on Tom Yum Kungfu, then I don't need to describe too much. It is all about Mookata and if you are wondering what is Mookata, it is a traditional Thai BBQ. Just like BBQ steamboat. When you step out of the place, you smell so BBQ. Lolz. Loving it.

Went with my friends after my last paper that evening for an indulgence. I deserved it, okay?

Interior Settings



They play Thai songs. Slightly dimmed ambience which is of my liking. My guy came here with his brothers after I went there and happen that the owner is one of his friend's friend. 

Mookata



We ordered a 3 pax portion. Looks little but is just right for us 3 ladies. For BBQ and normal steamboat soup base.




Lots of meat leftover so one shot we BBQ all. But is nice. Juicy and tender. They marinated it well with whatever condiments or secret recipe they have.

Sides

Fried Kang Kong



I have mentioned this before in my previous review and I recommended to my friend. Love it. I read reviews about this and not many find it nice or special. Excuse me! Have you ever see kang kong fried till like tempura type or not? Do you know the crispiness and crunchiness that exist in this fried kang kong? And you can find prawns and dory fish as a combination here. Nice okay?

Pomelo Salad


Nice and refreshing. Boost your appetite. No wonder I don't feel very full that day. Maybe I should try making it at home. So nutty taste. Worry no more for diet! Have this on the table.

Fried Chicken Wing


Must remember to order this. No regrets. Crispy and nice. Juicy. But have it while it's hot. Enjoy that crunchy sound in your mouth. Seriously, I think not many food taste as good even when it is cold. 

This is one of the many choices of Mookata. Try it.

Visit Tom Yum Kungfu at:
16 Circular Road (the street behind Boat Quay)
Singapore 049372

Popular Posts