Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Food Review | Seafood International (East Coast)

Is so so sinful... But what to do? Is a treat. Our dinner at East Coast, Seafood International. Wow... Lotsa ppl were there having dinner. I expect that the food are good with that kind of crowd.

We start our meal with this. Is kind of salty but still taste good.


Oh my! The prawns are delicious and fresh...



My first try on this. Not so bad.



Oh... I love this! Yummilicious...


Nah... So so for this fish.


Mine is a young coconut. So nt much of flesh...


I'm a Beany! I like the long beans...

Thumbs Up for this. Is veggie and mushroom... Slurp!


Crabbi! I nv had crab but the bread cum curry. Slurp.


My colleague said is not really fresh or nice or... whateva.


Yeah is lobster! Baby lobster. I like. Fry with spring onion.


Dessert time. All the kuehs. I had 1 kueh n a jelly. Hee...

Last but not least, Ruby Ruby!

Well... Overall is a nice dinner. Cos is free, high cholestrol, makes mi fat for 1 whole week and is yummylicious..... Arrgh... Hot Green Tea is needed now at this moment! Drink drink drink.... I'm nt gonna have sinful food for 5 days as a penalty. And I'm gonna jog for 1 hr as part of penalty too! Hmpf!

Popular Posts