Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Durian Fiesta

Yesterday was a heaty day. We had crackers in the office, mouthful of fried rice before heading for our durian feast, myself for lunch was fried wanton noodles then last but not least, the durian dinner with my colleagues. Gosh... This is not good! Hahahhaha... I will have to jog 10km to burn all these fats. But overall, is an enjoyable night with them. Love it. Shall some photos with all on our durian feast.












We still get to takeaway durian for free... Wow! I love it to the max. But I'm not going to have durian anymore. I think I had enough to cover back the years which I never had during the season. Anyway, I'm not really that keen but since all my colleagues are going, then just go....

Popular Posts