Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Food Review | Astons Express, Golden Shoe Market, Clifford Centre

Well... Is a sunny Saturday afternoon. My guy picked miii up at workplace. Actually wanted to head for Arnold's Chicken at City Plaza but he doesn't seems to like it. So sudden thot of Astons. So we head to the one nearest from my workplace at Chinatown. 

This is my guy's Teriyaki Chicken. I nv taste it but he said so-so. U noe what? He had the coleslaw but not the pasta salad. Kaoz... I like it. So we exchange. I had all the pasta salad and he all the coleslaw.

I love mine. Chargrill Chicken... Yummy. I think at Astons, you can get affordable Western food. Imagine u pay just the main course and free side dishes, somemore u choose 2 of them. Good deal? To mi, it is. It costs us only $11.80 for both.

Next stop. My lunch on wkdays. I finally found the $3 Ban Mian at Golden Shoe Market. I think in this area, u can't find anything cheaper than this. Actual price is $2.80 but $0.20 add on for take away. Wahahahah... Ok la. Nt bad. As usual, tasty food is full of MSG!

Another lunchie, Fried fish beehoon soup. Bt this is at Clifford Centre foodcourt. $4.80. Expensive rite? Well... Wat to do? Kind of lazi and so just buy something nearby will do. This is actually wat I want. Without milk, it tastes good too. As usual, MSG lor! Wahahhahah... 


Lastly, I found this at our office pantry. Japan product. Taste good. All my colleagues like the chocolate taste. Small packets in a box. But dun take too much at one go. Gotta drink lots of water. Get what I mean? Kind of dry.

That's about it. More to come.

Popular Posts