Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

My Retirement Plan

Well... I am sick and tired of working.  I set my plan to retire at the age of 55 years old. Just have to struggle thru 24-25 more years. I shall execute this plan from 1 April 2012 onwards, 24 years to my retirement. Damnit!

One important thing to keep in mind is: Never b a materialistic woman.

Why? Because the more u want to compare with others, the more money spent on unnecessity.  The more u tink of wanting this and that, money fly away from u.

I must b a simple lady. Real simple lady. Clothes wear till old and spoilt then buy. Dun b scare to wear same clothes every week. Mayb can put on our thinking cap more often, how to mix and match our existing clothes so that we would look the same every week. Hahahahah.  Most impt is I mus b at least slimmer than before so that I can wear those existing clothes in my wardrobe, which has not been touched since the day I put on weight. Save money!  Travel twice a year will do. N I make sure is a 1 week trip, for mi to enjoy e fullest.

I will save half of my take home salary every month x 12 mths x 24 yrs = my retirement amt.  Whether have kids or not, this is fate. Bt my plan will still go ahead.

Popular Posts