Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Day 2 Updates!

Alrite. A bits of yesterday.

I had my dinner (Kellong's cereal) late but before 10pm. Before that, my stopid mouth cannot resist the temptation of the chips. Arrgh. Well once awhile. Guilty.

For today, as usual my cereal for breakfast. Hot green tea in the mid morning. Arrgh... Yet again, biscuits!!!!

Well... what to do? Den is lunch time. Beehoon + 1 side dish cost mi $2.50. Small portion. Anyway, I find that having this as lunch, my sodium intake will burst. Arrgh... Try again.

But for tonite, I doubt I can follow faithfully. I'm going for seafood dinner with my bunch of colleagues. Is a treat! One of our old technician just gotten his CPF.

Ok... Tml is another day. I can do it! I drink lotsa water. N pass out lotsa water too...

Whatever....

Popular Posts