Healthy Eating - Less Salt!

With courtesy of Health Promotion Board, I like to blog what I have found in their website to remind myself every now and then.

Salt contains 40% sodium. Excessive intake can lead to high blood pressure, which is a major risk factor for stroke and kidney disease.

Most foods are naturally low in sodium bt salt and sauces such as soy sauce, ketchup and chilli sauce added in the preparation of food contributes to most of the sodium we consume daily.  Canned or processed food are very high in sodium.

An average healthy adult needs no more than 2,000mg of sodium a day (equivalent to a teaspoon of salt).

That's the reason why I try not to have chilli sauce when I am having fastfood especially for my fries.  And also opt for mineral water instead of soft drinks. Hahahahha... So I have done the right thing.

So people out there, remember always!