Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

My Wardrobe Series Debut

Yup! Is SALES!!! At Cotton On. Went there during my lunch time and spend about half of my lunch time shopping in there. After much consideration, I bought the following:


That's my taste. That's what I fancy. I don't care how others think so long as I'm happy with what I have bought. Spend a total of $30 for 2 dresses, a cardigan and a pair of flats (not in the picture). Great deal right? $10 per dress, $5 per cardigan and flats. Woohoo... Shiok! I love Cotton On. Especially when I get to grab all these cheap and nice stuff... If the sales is still on when I'm back to work on Tues, shall dig out more. Forgotten to see if it is the last day of sales today. Sigh. But is okay.

Popular Posts