Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Smart Saver

Frankly speaking, I'm not really a smart one but can b one soon.

A smart saver doesn't have to b like mi, saving so aggressively like e below symptons:
  1. Grumble over a loss of $1.30 just bcos tat Aunt selling beehoon mee add in a chicken wing cos she assume I want. Not sure if she gt hearing prblm.
  2. Restrict myself from buyin breakfast outside bt havin bread or half pack of instant noodles at hm as breakfast
  3. Grabbin every chance to get free meals
  4. Rather hv cup noodles than proper meal cos is cheap. 2 cups for $1.15 (I tink so, cant rem)
  5. Hv my dinner at hm wheneva I can.
  6. Will not join frens for dinner bt hv it at home den chill out wit frens on drinks oni.
For a smart saver, I tink they wont b like me.

So I tink after getting my next pay cheque, I tink I hv to revamp my saving plans.
  1. Spend nt more than $3 per day on working days
  2. Choose healthy food, less salt and sugar
  3. Go swim on wkdays and gym on wkends
  4. Twice a mth on cup noodles lunch (hair drop tremendously)
  5. No outside drinks bt hot green tea in office (applicable durin workin hrs)


    Good enough? Well... for mi to find out.

Popular Posts