Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Culinary | My First Trial on Pizza

Last Sat, I did my first eva pizza. Homemake.. Haha.. By myself hor.. Haha... Gt abit 'chao da' by e side. Taste is the same. Someone commented that I put too much pineapple. Hmm... True. And also added tat I shd cut away the side of bread. Hee... I learnt frm tv de... They use bread as the pizza crust... Hmm... M I rite? Bt overall, is stil ok la.. Haha.. Tell u a secret. When I go shop for the ingredients, I bought another bottle of the pizza sauce.. Haha.. I v determined to do a perfect one.. Mus practice more.. Till e pizza turns out rite!!! Yeahh... Tats e spirit. Gambade!!!!

Popular Posts