My Taiwan Food and Travel Compilation

Here is a compilation of all stuff relating to Taiwan. One year on and still we can't travel. Can't imagine my short trip to Taipei in 2019 was the last till now. Miss all the sights and food there. Only manage to get my Taiwanese friend to freight over 2 Starbucks mugs and tea to me (I paid of course).

💻My Youtube Videos

I did a video last year on the food items that I could find at supermarkets that were from Taiwan. Have you watch? I really go around to gather them for this video. A lot of snacks. Can we have more of Taiwanese instant noodles? Can the supermarkets in Singapore hear that?

And I even did a cooking video using Taiwan's Yang Chun Noodles which I bought from NTUC. Oh my god... I really miss travelling there every year. I want a hot bowl of Yang Chun Noodles soup.


Also another cooking video on Oily Noodles a.k.a 油面 which I loved it so much after trying it at Keelung Market. We added element that taste more Singaporean than the authentic one in Taiwan.


I'm a Nanoblock fan ever since my bro told me about this mini block building thingy. So whenever I travel to Taiwan, I will go Wan Nian Building 4th or 5th floor to grab my Nanoblock. The collection my bro and I have built expanded over time. I did a video of me building Beimen (北门).



✎My Blog Reviews


Got the privilege to do a product review for T. Grand. So happy that they found me as one of the many reviewers in Singapore. Click the link here. But now can't seems to find their drinks at supermarkets.

And I welcome opportunities on Taiwanese product/food reviews so drop me a mail for further discussions:  iamstellachen@ymail.com.


Another blog review many years back on Dazzling Cafe's flagship store in Singapore. Click here for the past post. Went for dinner with my bestie. But many years back, it has closed down. So sad. 


I didn't know I'm so crazy over Taiwanese stuff. Simply have to search back my past posts to share with all of you. To let you know the existence of Taiwanese food and stuff in Singapore. Although Bear Bites already closed its stores in Singapore, let us do a recap of their food with the link here.


Need no introduction and everyone should know and tried Din Tai Fung already. Long queue always and I don't know why. Seriously, their Xiao Long Bao needs a standard on their skin texture. Different outlet, different texture. I'm quite particular on the skin. Cannot be too thick! Click here for the past post.


My favourite Sushi place because of its affordable price per plate. Went with my bestie recently for dinner at Sushi Express and guess what? Not crowded and took our time to enjoy our meal. Click here for the past post. 


I got to know a Taiwanese friend through my classmate because we were travelling there and wanted to get a transportation to travel around Taiwan. I think I have mentioned in my travel post and his name is 小李. He threw me an idea to sell Alishan Tea Leaves in Singapore so we did. He sent over a few packs of tea leaves to test market. I tried it myself and I think is good. Let me repeat again, I'm a tea drinker cum lover.

Click the link to learn more: Product Recommendation | Taiwan Alishan Winter Mountain Tea

Was planning to get cute face masks but all of a sudden, the Covid situation in Taiwan worsen. Everything came to a halt. I am extremely sad. 


Plan Your Travel🛬

🛫If you are planning to go Taiwan when we can start travelling again, look up for 小李 on his Facebook page (Tour Taiwan Hong Lee) for enquiries. He will be happy to help you with the planning.


My Past Travel Posts🛫

Click on the links below to read about Taiwan. Enjoy! I love and miss Taiwan!

Travelogue | Lunar New Year in Taipei - Take 1   Travelogue | Lunar New Year in Taipei - Take 2

Travelogue | Lunar New Year in Taipei - Take 3   Travelogue | Lunar New Year in Taipei - Finale

Travelogue | Taipei, Taiwan Series 1     Travelogue | Taipei, Taiwan Series 2

Travelogue | Taipei, Taiwan Series 3     Travelogue | Taipei, Taiwan - Finale

Travelogue | Explore Taipei - Satisfy Hungry Souls     Travelogue | Explore Yilan 宜蘭, Taiwan

Travelogue | Taipei, Taiwan (New Insights)     Travelogue | Train to Taichung, Taiwan

Travelogue | South Taiwan for SGD 800 - Tainan     Travelogue | Central Taiwan

Travelogue | Taipei, Taiwan (2019 version)


👀My Search in Singapore

So I'm gonna just continue my search for more Taiwanese stuff in Singapore before we can travel again. To comfort the wanderlust in me and thoughts of Taiwan too. Gonna be expensive buying in Singapore because of imported goods but what to do? Just have to bear with it.

1. SUNNY HILLS 微热山丘🍍
🌐www.sunnyhills.com.sg

🏢3 Seah Street, Singapore 188379 (Nearest MRT: City Hall)
🏢391 Orchard Rd, Ngee Ann City Tower B, Unit B2-27A, Singapore 238872 (Nearest MRT: Orchard)

The first time I heard of this brand was through a Youtuber who is crazily in love with Taiwan. To be honest, I tried many other brands of Pineapple Cake Tarts 凤梨酥 but never come across this one. Since they have outlets in Singapore (2 in fact) so shall give it a try because I miss Taiwan so much. Miss wondering around the street for food and stuff.

After made a purchase via Shopee, I wonder why I don't order direct from them instead of a shopping app. Anyway, use the vouchers in Shopee and got them cheaper. And because they operate in Singapore, the carrier was printed with our iconic Merlion.


Verdict: The durian roll with durian taste but a little tiny sweet and soft texture (not really like those crispy type). The pineapple cake tart was crumbly and the pineapple fillings' sweet and sour taste balances out the overall experience. Order online now and have it deliver to your doorstep!


2. 麻油/花雕鸡面🍜

Purchased from 7-Eleven at $4.50 each

Usually I get them when I go JB because they have it in their supermarkets. But how to go now with their lockdowns extending everytime towards the end? Haiz... so our 7-Eleven brought them in (thank god!!!) to sell at $4.50 per bowl. I suggest 7-Eleven to set aside one section for Taiwanese products since I already see sections for Korea, Japan and even China (mehhhh). 




Verdict: Tried this for lunch. Chunks of chickens, ginger and even wolfberries. Every mouthful has this hint of gingery and sesame oil taste. Felt like having confinement food (thou I never tried a real confinement meal). Lol... okay for cold weather, this is a good choice. Overall, it is just like any cup/bowl noodles.


Verdict: I liked this Hua Tiao flavour more because it was the first one that I tried way back then. Fragrance smell of Hua Tiao. The ingredients almost the same as the Sesame Oil one.

I remember doing a fun time lapse video eating the above bowl noodles. I really did a lot of stuff related to Taiwan. Probably I can do more so that I won't feel so misery for not able to travel there.


3. 🛒Supermarket Taiwanese Finds

Purchased from NTUC Fairprice

Spotted them while on a grocery run at NTUC Fairprice. Decided to buy and cook at home. I hope supermarkets can bring in more Taiwan products because if you buy from online sellers, kind of expensive than supermarkets as the latter can buy in bulk at a reasonable price (in my opinion). Gonna google the Taiwanese way of cooking 新竹米粉.

I found sections in supermarkets dedicated for Taiwan products. At least no need to go around to find loose items imported from Taiwan. 

🛒Raffles City Market Place: #B1-01 Raffles City Shopping Centre (Nearest MRT: City Hall)

🛒Cold Storage: #B1-06/07 Northpoint City (Nearest MRT: Yishun)

Seems like bigger NTUC Fairprice will have a section for Taiwanese products, like the one at Northpoint City Basement 2.


From Sheng Siong supermarkets






No dedicated section but you can still find Taiwanese products inside the supermarket. I happen to see a man buying 2 packs of Taiwan Pearl Rice home. Wow... 

Taiwanese Beer🍺

Yes I drink but only on occasions I feel like or when I'm out with my friends. Not young anymore to drink like no tomorrow. This brand is so common already that most supermarkets carry them. There are also fruit beers too. But it is always cheaper to be drink in Taiwan. 

Note: If you drink, don't drive. Keep the road safe. If you are underaged, please don't drink. 

4. 台湾水果果冻 Taiwan Fruit Jelly🥭🍑

Purchased from Japan Home at 2 for $3.60

Honestly I never really pay much attention to the snacks section at Japan Home till the last video I made on what you can get with $10 budget at Japan Home.

Spotted these recently at Japan Home and it got me excited. Like woohoo, Taiwan! But from the looks of it, gonna be sweet. There were a few flavours but I chose Peach and Mango rather than the usual Pineapple.

Verdict: The peachy smell just flows into my nose the moment I open it. It is sweet but not overly sweet for both flavour. And u get bite size of the peach and mango in the jelly. I feel a little artificial taste overall. Why do I feel that? For you to find out.


5. Isle Provisions 食嶼商行

My bestie came across this website that sells quality items from Taiwan. Didn't know the existence until now. Wanted to visit the shop but only opens on Sunday. From North to Central, that is a far journey. Well... I shall pay a visit one day. Because I wanna buy 意面 to cook at home. It was so good when I first had it in Taiwan.

Their website at 🌐https://www.isleprovisions.com/ and there is free shipping for purchase over $88

Location: #01-80 Tiong Bahru Market, 30 Seng Poh Road, Singapore 168898
Nearest MRT: Tiong Bahru

Credit my bestie Kapricia 💓 for the search.


6. vPost - Taiwan Online Merchants

Recently I keep seeing this ad popping on my Facebook feed. I can't be more excited to get stuff from Taiwan. One more access to Taiwanese products.

This vPost is a member of Sing Post Group of Companies so we can shop from items from Australia, China, Indonesia, US, UK, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand too with a competitive shipping rates.


7. Xiang Xiang Taiwanese Traditional Cuisine

Location: 799 New Upper Changi Road, #01-04 Bedok Point 
Nearest MRT: Bedok

My bestie spotted 香香百年台湾味 near her place and tried their 卤肉饭. She said it was mediocre and nothing to shout about. Shall pop by there to try some others because they will cease operations at Bedok Point end of this year. 

Credit my bestie Kapricia 💓 for the photos and search.


8. Chi Cha San Chen 吃茶三千🧉



My colleague recommended this bubble tea chain because you can taste brewed tea better than other bubble tea shops. I ordered their Fruit Tea 0% sugar (natural sweetness from real fruits) and Passion Fruit Tea. And they have this reward system which you can earn points to get free drinks. Click this link to their website and find an outlet near you.

9. Fong Sheng Hao 豐盛號🍞

Brought my friend for her birthday breakfast at this Taiwanese toast cafe at Paya Lebar Quarter. Limited seating capacity so have to wait for awhile. Enjoyed eating like we were in Taiwan. The black tea was a little sweet though. Love the toast kiap with the eggs and pork patty that has this crusty and soft bite.

Location: Paya Lebar Quarter Mall, 10 Paya Lebar Rd, #B2-04, Singapore 409057
Nearest MRT: Paya Lebar

Hope you have enjoyed this compilation of mine and hopefully you miss Taiwan as much as I do.

Cheers.