Product Review | To Health and Beauty with Lene Bird's Nest


Not sure when I started to buy bottled bird's nest for myself but I believe it was after I got married. I always look for affordable ones, to be specific, $40 and below for a pack of 6 bottles (quite standard). I'm stingy and not apologetic for that. I didn't care if they are sweet (in opinion, it has to be sweet right?) or if they are good quality. Because I assumed all Bird's Nest should be of good quality. As naïve as I thought it would be. 

Until Lene came in my life. Bam...

Totally changed my mind not just on the quality but the overall taste and experience too. Felt so different as compared to those I had last time. I'm not kidding! Legit.


Traditionally known for promoting a better immune system, Bird's Nest also helps in maintaining youthfulness or beauty from within. As we grow older, it helps to maintain our overall health and especially nourishing for our lungs. I think my dad should take more since he has past history of lung problem (but has been doing well *fingers crossed*).

At Lene, the 3 key ingredients in making each bottle are quality Bird's Nest made from edible salivary secretion of nest swiftlets, Monk's Fruit Extract that is natural and zero calorie sweetener and Distilled Water that has impurities removed to brew quality product. 

By the way, Lene is vegetarian friendly and Halal compliant without certification yet.

As their products are brewed to order, delivery will only be once a week on weekends.

BIRD'S NEST



Look at how translucent each bottle of Lene Bird's Nest was and how visible and clean is that piece of bird's nest. Pardon me but I really never had bottled bird's nest that has such big a piece. Usually just strands of it. 

I'm sold to its purity and simplicity.

YOUR DAILY NEEDS


Each box contains 7 days supply, a bottle each day when you wake up in the morning, or before you crash for the night. Best consumed on empty stomach. Served chilled or warm, though I prefer them at normal room temperature. 

Start making it a part of your daily routine that is beneficial on long term. Like a building, you don't just want nice paint colour on the the external facade to look attractive but the internal must have a good foundation too.

If age is catching up on you like I do, you really need to splurge a little more because if not now, then when? Never too late to start even if you are in your 40s.

THE REVIEW



I gave a bottle to my husband and the first thing coming from him was PURE (just like I did). A sip and he exclaimed at how pure (or clean) the taste was. Imagine coming from a guy who seldom drink Bird's Nest and also he doesn't like sweet stuff so this suits him best. 

No artificial colourings or even preservatives. You can easily compare with other brands. With a generous piece of bird's nest in every bottle, this was what we called having the authentic taste of goodness. That gelatinous texture was good. At least you get to bite for seconds rather than sipping fluid more than bird's nest for some others (probably a change of thoughts since started on Lene Bird's Nest).

SUSTAINABILITY EFFORTS


The sustainability effort at Lene are not just on designing reusable jars and making every component of their boxes and bags from recycled paper, but sustainable farming from house nests in Malaysia (read more here).

Another thing is taking time to choose what's good can help in reducing food wastage, don't you think? That is my POV. Agree or not is fine because it all depends on individual's perspectives.

So you can play your part in this effort. After finishing your supply of bird's nest, do not throw the bottles away. Have them wash clean and dry, pass them to the delivery person on your next purchase for reusing. Rest assured that the bottles collected from you will be cleaned and sterilized thoroughly before the next use.

Remember the 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.



KICKSTART THE LENE'S JOURNEY


Follow Lene on Instagram at https://instagram.com/lenebirdsnest for latest update or learn more from their website at https://lenebirdsnest.com and start your journey with Lene Bird's nest soon.

Show your support to our local Singapore brands. 

And thank you Jaclene and team for sending over this box of lovelies.

To Health and Beauty!
To My 40s Journey!
Cheers to Lene!