Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Culinary | OREO No Bake Dessert by JELLO

Bought 2 boxes of the pre-mix before our hse-warming and only now I decided to do it. Picked up the courage because I was afraid that such simple no-bake recipe I also can't manage then I'm totally useless bum. But surprisingly, I can. Okay lah. Because I did no bake cheesecake before but still no confidence. Quite happy now.  



So I bought this box of JELLO Oreo No Bake Dessert at Cold Storage. Can't be more happy to buy all these baking stuff there. Because is no bake recipe thus that time before hse-warming I bought it as I don't have an oven and if I wanna bake, I have to use my Philips Airfryer.

Inside the box, you can find the Crust mix, Filling mix and Oreo cookies crumbs. And all you need is butter and milk. Just like any cheesecake recipe.

So my procrastination starts here. I couldn't figure out how much is 4 tbsps of butter and 1 1/3 cup of milk. Today I finally went to google how much in grams. This is definitely god send. I found 1 whole list of measurement from a blog. So thankful for that. 

So now I can tell you:

4 tbsp of butter = 56g
1 1/3 cup of milk = 330ml

Let me know if this is not accurate. Oops...



I used SCS Unsalted butter (227g). How I get 56g of butter is by dividing into 4 portions. Simple as that. Get it melted at high heat for 1 min on microwave. 


Ta-daaa.... Here's how it looks after mixing with melted butter. Why look more like caviar? And then I put it to refrigerate for 15 mins (adopting the method from Betty Crocker's No Bake Cheesecake) and proceed to do the filling.



I used HL Milk with the Filling mix. Follow the instructions closely and woohoo... I did a good job like how I manage for other cheesecakes. Feeling good by now.



After beating, I mix half a pack of cookie crumbs with the mixture. Taste sweet. And pour it into the base which I have put in fridge for 15 mins.


Top it up with the balance cookie crumbs and refrigerate for a day before having it. Suppose to freeze it but probably I will get Oreo ice cream cake instead so I decided to just chill it. Probably I will change my mind later. Lets see how.
.
.
.
.
.
.
1 day later...



The appearance doesn't look very nice but then finally, it is up! Time to attack the whole cake. Sweet. 

Hope you enjoy reading this post. Kthxbye.

Popular Posts