Food Review | Serenity Spanish Bar & Restaurant

Realized that I didn't do any review on them and I'm already back with le hub for 2nd time because he misses that paella. So now I'm gonna do it, although my photos doesn't do them justice. However the taste doesn't deceive us.

Located at Vivo City Level 1, Serenity Spanish Bar & Restaurant has both indoor and alfresco dining areas for customers to choose from. There are live band performing some nice jazz music. It definitely goes along with the theme of Serenity's concept.

Previously we were here to have their seafood paella and foie gras. Worth the wait of 20-45 mins for the paella. The aroma overwhelms us even before we tuck in.

Initially on our 2nd time, we wanted to have their suckling pig but then... a quarter of that is so pricey. So we drop the idea and tried others. And for the 1st time, I tried churros. Oh man... is AWESOME! And ordered a Baby Asparagus wrapped in bacon, and not forgetting a Black Squid Ink Paella. We both had mocktails that night. Mama mia...

Baby Asparagus wrapped in bacon $14.80

As you know by now, I like my first taste of food to be its original. Means without sauce. I feel when there is a need to enhance the taste, I will definitely dip on sauce. But for this dish, totally no need. Fresh and crunchy asparagus with that tasty bacon wrapped around. Nice. Asparagus doesn't have much taste and bacon itself is salty thus it has brought the overall taste for this dish. 


Churros $10.80

Oh man... I saw churros during my trip to Okinawa but I was so filled up after lunch so I couldn't bring myself to stuff that down. That's my regret. However when I saw churros in the menu, immediately ordered without considering that le hub is not into sweet stuff. 6 sticks of churros is not enough to satisfy me. NEVER! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. It is lightly coated with some sugar so is good on its own without hot chocolate dip. The hot chocolate dip makes it even sweeter. Oh yummy...

Mango Tropicano $10, Mama Mia $10

I had Mama Mia previously... Both are sweet! Le hub cannot stand it though and resort to pouring some still water to dilute. However, that's what mocktails are for. Love it! 

Black Squid Ink Paella $53
Oh yes babe... Here it comes. Never disappoint us at all. And it didn't play us out with black lips and teeth. Hahaha... Nice. You get to find squid, mussels, prawns and tomato cubes in there. One thing to point out will be the prawns. Not very fresh though. That seafood taste is so alluring. It stays in your mouth for awhile. We didn't squeeze the lemon as le hub doesn't want to spoil its original taste. This is for 2 pax. Good enough for both of us. Do try their paella, as well as their suckling pig although I didn't do so.

Serenity Spanish Bar & Restaurant
1 Harbourfront Walk
#01-98/99, Vivo City
Singapore 098585
Nearest MRT: Harbourfront