Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Lifestyle | Food Photography Workshop

People might ask why do I wanna pay to go for workshops when all I can do is do online research/reading to learn more about photography? 

This is because of the places they hold the workshop. Cafes, restaurants, anywhere. I pay not just to learn but also a form of cafe/restaurant hopping. Because I know le hub is a little lazy to go cafe/restaurant hopping with me so I just gotta find my way out.

So just last Saturday, I attended another session conducted by Dr Leslie Tay, organised by Canon at A for Arbite. Awesome place. One of the many cafes in the heart of Haji Lane area. So now I let my photos speak for me. Selected those that I find it nice in my standard. Probably you don't otherwise. 

















I wonder how much I have improved. Whatever.

Find out more about Canon's photography courses/workshops/outings via:


And the hosting cafe for great food:

28 Aliwal Street
#01-01
Singapore 199918

Popular Posts