Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Real Bad Day

Is almost end of the day, I m havin a slight chest discomfort. Today, my work nv stop. Calls nv end. Onli durin lunch time 1 hr, I can get away frm work. Onli when my sups came in after lunch, I manage to get out of office wit them for a tea break. Talkin away for at least 15mins... Back on my desk, calls again. Emails comin in again... Ppl chasin mi for e closin of last year invoices. Chasin for quotations. Tech callin up to say wan to resign. Early mornin, another tech report MC for two days n expect mi to send someone dw to cover at their site. I tink al tis is enuff... Enuff is enuff... One day 8 hrs even if I nv skive, is nt enuff. Cos I wil b interrupted by calls n ppl frm other divisions. Enuff is enuff...

Popular Posts