Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

My to-do-list for Saturday 24 May 2008

Have to complete al tis mission in one mornin. Tink is impossible? C mii no up ar? I m Wonder Greenie k?

  • Go to the gym first thing in the morning at 8.30am as usual
  • Go to JE UOB Bank to cancel my existing debit card and apply for the new NOW Debit card which will be 9.30am onwards. Pray hard nt much ppl bt tat is impossible.
  • Go and buy my travel insurance at NTUC next building for my Taipei trip which is after my banking thingy.
  • Change a $100 for NT currency... Test market see hw is the rate nw... E rest leave it til tat day ba like wat my dearie say...
  • Update al my bank books, POSB and OCBC
  • Clear my credit card bill which I wil declare broke immediately
  • Go back home, bathe, rest, have my lunch and c if my dearie is mittin miii... If nt I wil go and slp!!! Hee...

Nt possible meh? Can de lor... I super fast in doin things if I wan to do... As I hate wastin time.. Bz wkend... Lookin forward!

Popular Posts