Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Impromptus weekend

Year-end is coming, which means the start of more gatherings till we welcome 2015 with both hands. Time flies and soon we are a year older. What is waiting for us in 2015? Really curious. I hope everything will be good.

Went to his friend's house for steamboat a.k.a chit chat session since he shifted to a a bigger house. Damn big with 4 storeys. Never took any photos of the house. So just follow the photos through and you know how my Sat is spent. Geez... have to plan what to get for steamboat next month as our turn to host them the first time in our house since we shifted in.
















This is how it looks when 6 of us hang out. Alcohol and cigarette are staples to the guys. Quite norm. And snacks.


That's all on a Saturday night. That crazy husband wanted to stay till 6am but I cannot stand it. And his friend is sleepy already. So head off home at 5+ in the morning. Excuse me... I really long time never stay out so late. I don't really enjoy it. But why did I always do so in my younger days? WTF am I thinking? And those days were hanging out at pubs/bars/discos plus supper after that. Annoying ya... I must cherish my sleep more now. KTHXBYE!

Popular Posts