Skip to main content

NEW POST

Celebrating 30 Years of Starbucks SG: Hunting Down 8 Iconic Store Stamps in 2 Weeks

Whether you’re team YouTube or team Blog, I’ve got you covered! Moving forward, I’ll be pairing my video uploads with extra-detailed blog posts so you get the full scoop every time. In honor of Starbucks’ 30th Anniversary in Singapore (opened in 14.12.1996) , they released exclusive store stamps across 8 iconic outlets . I set out on a two-week mission to collect every single one. And it turned out to be equal parts of café exploration and endurance test; braving the intense tropical heat of Singapore and racking up serious steps as part of my daily exercise, just to reach outlets like Gardens by the Bay! But discovering new stores and filling up my journal made every step worth it. Here’s how the whole quest went down! Grab a journal card at any of the 8 iconic stores and get started! #1 Stop - Chinatown My stamp hunt officially kicked off at the 37 Smith Street outlet in Chinatown, the most convenient starting point for me since it’s just one stop train ride from my office during m...

Ingredients in Shampoos and Conditioners That Cause Hair Loss

Eh... I blog about this for my own purpose. Because I am having terrible hair fall/loss and now from thick hair, it is turning thinner. I don't like it. I must find ways to eliminate this thing.  So I hope this post is a good start for myself. Crossed my fingers. I will be very careful from now in choosing shampoos. U may want to read on to find out more if you are having the same problem as me. No harm. I am going back home later to check it out all the shampoos at home.  Arrgh...



Ingredients in Shampoos and Conditioners That Cause Hair Loss

Shampoos and conditioners are marketed as being formulated to keep hair healthy, shiny and free of dandruff and tangles. Despite this, many shampoos on the market contain ingredients that may actually damage hair and irritate the scalp. In extreme cases, some of these ingredients may even cause or exacerbate hair loss. These additives can be avoided by taking the time to read the labels on hair care products.

Sulfates

Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and ammonium lauryl sulfate (ALS) are surfactants found in many inexpensive shampoos because they produce a large amount of foam. According to Healthy-Communications.com and the Journal of the American College of Toxicology, these sulfates were found to be irritants in patch tests at concentrations of 2 percent and greater, which is a much lower concentration than the 20 percent found in many shampoos. Additionally, rat studies have shown both SLS and ALS cause damage to hair follicles, potentially resulting in hair loss. Sodium and ammonium laureth sulfate, which are closely related to the aforementioned ingredients, were found to have irritant effects as well.

Sodium Chloride

Sodium chloride, better known as table salt, is used as a thickener in shampoos and conditioners containing sodium lauryl sulfate. It's a contributing factor to the eye irritation experienced with most shampoos, and it may also cause dry and itchy scalp. According to Purezing.com, salt may also cause some hair loss. In shampoos containing ammonium-based surfactants, ammonium chloride is used instead.

Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde is used in some shampoos and conditioners, including baby shampoo, as a preservative because of its low cost and disinfectant qualities. It is also used for embalming. According to 1stHolistic.com, in 1983, the Division of Cancer Cause and National Cancer Institute recommended further investigation of formaldehyde as a possible carcinogen. Additionally, formaldehyde may cause damage to DNA, and excessive exposure to formaldehyde may cause some hair loss.

Read more on http://www.livestrong.com/article/73827-ingredients-shampoos-conditioners-cause-hair/


Read also on http://www.savvyskin.com/shampoo-ingredients-to-avoid

Popular Posts