Skip to main content

NEW POST

End of an Era: Visiting Boh Geh Uncle Canteen One Last Time

Sitting outdoor under the trees As bus 117 rolled through Seletar, Singapore's modern aerospace hub, I took a moment to just look out the window and enjoy the unusually serene greenery. My destination was 398 Piccadilly,  home to the legendary Boh Geh Uncle Canteen or Canteen 398 . I wouldn't have rushed down this week if not for my dad. He had forwarded a picture of the canteen from a friend's group chat with a urgent reminder: 'Go visit and record down the place before it's gone!' Since I live nearby, I knew I couldn't miss out (or FOMO maybe). With their last day of operation officially set for 18 September 2026 , I headed out on its final week to experience this rustic piece of history for the first and one last time. Will never see such sights in Singapore again Stepping off the bus onto Piccadilly felt like stepping straight into a time machine. Hidden within distance from Seletar Camp,   Boh Geh Uncle Canteen  isn't just an ordinary eating spot, i...

Bad Week!

Yup... Today is Friday (14 Dec 2012) and I am just recovering from my fever cum cough cum flu. Wonderful isn't it?

It started on Sunday night. Came back home with a bad headache. Pop panadol and head to sleep. Then the following day, it developed into flu cum running nose. It lasted for like 2 days and it is terrible... Then finally on Wed, I decided to c doctor. But never know that the medicine prescribed to me are damn strong till it develops further to fever. Well done!  Again pop panadol and sleep. When the headache is killing u even when u r sleeping, it means it didn't work. So I bear thru out the night before I decided to take MC!

So Thursday is the day. I wake up 8.30am. Send email to that weirdo, telling him I will b on MC. Den went back lying on bed. Till my mum accompany mi to see a doctor. And that's it. My fever at 38degC++... Yup I am having fever. For farking long time, I am finally really damn down with a fever. That's very rare but when it comes, it hits mi hard enuff to cry out. So MC for two days. For once, my weight plunged to a 49kg ytd but climb bk to 50kg today. Damn it.... Before the school starts, I beta be a fitter me. Rest well everyone and have a good Xmas holidays soon....

Popular Posts