Skip to main content

NEW POST

Celebrating 30 Years of Starbucks SG: Hunting Down 8 Iconic Store Stamps in 2 Weeks

Whether you’re team YouTube or team Blog, I’ve got you covered! Moving forward, I’ll be pairing my video uploads with extra-detailed blog posts so you get the full scoop every time. In honor of Starbucks’ 30th Anniversary in Singapore (opened in 14.12.1996) , they released exclusive store stamps across 8 iconic outlets . I set out on a two-week mission to collect every single one. And it turned out to be equal parts of café exploration and endurance test; braving the intense tropical heat of Singapore and racking up serious steps as part of my daily exercise, just to reach outlets like Gardens by the Bay! But discovering new stores and filling up my journal made every step worth it. Here’s how the whole quest went down! Grab a journal card at any of the 8 iconic stores and get started! #1 Stop - Chinatown My stamp hunt officially kicked off at the 37 Smith Street outlet in Chinatown, the most convenient starting point for me since it’s just one stop train ride from my office during m...

Food Review | Soup Restaurant

*cough* Excuse me... I can't remember when was the last time I went for meal at Soup Restaurant. I only have some idea that I went with my family at their Jurong Point outlet. That is probably more than 5 years ago. Hahahahah... Since my guy has not tried their food before, so we went. Probably the menu expanded after so many years. I'm not sure till I see it myself. Oh ya... I remember my parents saying that it is not very nice and they can cook at home themselves too. What the hell! Maybe expensive so they think is not worth. 

We were at IMM outlet. As usual on a Monday. Less crowded, which is good. My guy hates crowd. The restaurant is quite cold too. Not very crowded. Only a few tables with patrons, plus us. 

1) Fried French Bean w Minced Pork - Recommended



Although it is quite common to many, but this is one of those dishes that you must go along with rice. The beans are tasty and crunchy, along with the fair amount of minced pork over it, the overall taste is good. And is not very salty. You can just go one mouthful after another.



2) Sweet and Sour Pork w Pineapple





There is no 'Wow' factor because it tastes just as nice as anywhere else. It tastes crispy and the pork meat absorbs the sauce well thus it strikes a balance in between. But a little pricey.


3) Steamed Hand Chopped Minced Pork w Salted Egg - Recommended


This dish has the Mummy's feel. My mum used to cook that at home but without salted egg. This dish has strike a balance on the saltiness level, probably because they added salted egg to it. A slice of meat with small amount of salted egg on top just makes you wanna have more rice to go along. Tasty. 

4) San Yu Fish Slices Fried w Ginger & Spring Onion - Recommended



The fish is fresh and tender. The overall taste is not too strong. Must try.


5) Reunion Glutinous Rice Balls




I should have try their other desserts instead. This is too pricey for only 2 miserable riceballs. Apart on that, the sesame fillings within is good and the sweet soup is nice. A very strong ginger taste. But I would rather pay a little more for better desserts than this. Blame the boyfriend! *point finger*


Well... wanna try? Go down now to the nearest outlet!

Address:

2 Jurong East Street 21

#01-101 IMM Building
Singapore 609601
Tel: 6899 1811
(Lunch: 11.30 am – 2.30 pm)
(Dinner: 5.30 pm – 10 pm)
(Sat,Sun,PH : 11.30 am – 10 pm)

Or check them out on their website and FB page!


Popular Posts