Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Water Babe

I want to call myself a Water Babe.  I love swimming.  I learn swimming since Primary school. Wow... That's a long time.  I love water!  I do scare of water too.  Bcos tsunami can kill lotsa ppl.  Well... I still love water and e deep blue sea.

Last nite, I went swimming straight after work.  Told myself that I shall swim 8 laps.  1 lap is to and fro the pool. I have did it.  And is definitely an encouragement for myself as I will continue to swim for leisure n slimming dw.  My swimming days shall be every Tue, Thurs and Sat.  But my Sat can b either swim or gym or both.  For mi to choose.  Cos I did both once before in a day.  Well... That's when my guy has no time for mi or when we quarrel.  Spendin my time gym n swim in a day is beta than spendin time at hm do nth bt sms him non stop to scold him (when we quarrel).  I think as my age grows, I can think maturely.

He has not accompany mi for the past 5 days as he is busy with renovation works of their company's new office, which expected to complete in a month's time.  Well, I asked him if next wk is gonna b e same like this wk, he said he tried but no promise that he can accompany mi like as usual.  What can I say?  Work.  Not flirting outside.  I c with my own eyes today.

The moment I meet him, he is talking on e phone, instructing his men what to do and phone calls keep coming.  He is like, needed every time.  Haiz... That pathetic pay but work and responsibility so much.  Overloaded + underpaid.

For me, I m just sian.  Nv c him.  Everyday go hm straight after work.  Nv go anywhere.  

Please come to an end soon.  That will be next month, I hope!  Meanwhile, I shall do what I suppose to.  And that's is to b a understanding and independent gf.  Find my own activities, like swimming. Hahahah... 

Popular Posts