Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Determination

After my 30th birthday, tat determination in my heart sets to go!  Well... I definitely love it and I do enjoy it.

Sometimes I feel tired after work.  Reali on e verge of droppin e idea of swimming or gym.  Bt manage to push myself.  That's of cos good bt am I pushin myself too hard?  Will I get injury which I will nv find out until it happens?  Bless my heart and soul.

For mi rite nw, I gym, swim and jog.  This is my exercise regime.  I gym and swim alone.  I jog wif my love one.  What I hope next is swim wif my love one.  He is someone who like hassle free thingy.  Most impt, FOC.  For mi, I follow e trend.  I dun care abt money though I'm stingy.

I also wish to take up tennis again, this time wif him.  It may b dull to jus gym-swim-jog.  I blend this 3 together so tat I won't get sick of it so easily.  Bt wat if I m?  Next alternative will b tennis or badminton.

I hope tat for e next 7 mths till end of 2011, I can spend more time in SG doin sometin I like rather than goin for short trips which costs mi a bomb!  Accumulate all these bits of money which I will spend on short trips for a longer holiday.  Korea, see u in 2012!

Popular Posts