Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

4 days

Hmm... He has been busy with the reno works at his office.  Wah biang! Is confirmed early that today we are not meeting up.  Cos at nite he has works to carry out.  4 days!  Same like last wk.  Haiz... Until e reno works are done, I doubt he gt time for me.  Another way to comfort myself is that we save money.  Save more money for our holidays, our flat and wedding.  Bt I'm bored.  Bt I keep telling myself I'm left with not much of money to survive till next pay day which is next Thurs.  So is best too that I dun go out anyhow.  If nt, I'm gonna be broke.

I'm working this Sat.  Is he gonna accompany mi?  Am I going home after work instead of meeting him straight?  Haiz...  I m not hopeful tat he will meet mi on Fri. 

Everytime rch home, I oso duno wat to do.  I guess for today, I will stick to my schedule.  Shall go swimming.  Must not slack! No way!  If he is nt meetin TOM, I will oso go swimming since Sat I can't do anytin cos I'm workin.

Haiz... Work for money! Bt no matter wat, so long u work frm 8-5pm is stil work n u stil get paid.  So?????

Whateva.

Popular Posts