Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Tired days

Well... I started to miss Taipei.  How I wish I'm there for weeks or months.  I love tat place.  No regrets spendin money there.

Now, my next destination is Korea.  I want to go.  Bt I guess is best that frm nw till end of this year, I stop my impulsive travelling.  My job confirmation is Sep 2011. Stage by stage, I shall control myself.  Stop tinkin abt holidays bt most impt goal nw is slim dw till 48kg by end of year.  Hmm... If I am able to do so, I shall treat myself with a pair of my fav Levis jeans.  I hv nv achieve it so tis time I must.  My goal for 2011.

I got lotsa thingy in mind.  I wan to slim dw.  I wan to learn another language and able to converse and write like a native.  I wan to b more active on sports, especially swimming.  I wan to learn tennis, squash and cycling.  I wan to learn cooking.  I wan to get married.

Hahahah... Slowly, I will do it one by one.  Ah! One  more, learn to eat small meals in a healthy way and healthy food.

Wish mi luck!

Popular Posts