Skip to main content

NEW POST

​A Quiet Visit to the Live Turtle Museum: Finding Comfort in Grief

Live Turtle Museum at 11 Chencharu Close The Gentle Motivation Behind the Visit The Live Turtle Museum reopened at its new location on August 23, 2026. By a heartbreaking coincidence, that very same week, I lost my beloved baby of 26 years . Just a week later, while still deep in grief, I decided to make the trip. Being just a short bus ride from my house in Yishun, it felt close enough to reach out and a touch of familiar comfort. But stepping inside brought a flood of conflicting emotions. I found myself looking at all these gentle creatures living, breathing, and thriving, while my own one and only was gone forever. It sparked a strange, heavy mix of feelings that I hope people can pardon, as grief naturally makes the heart process things in complex ways. Tucked next to HomeTeamNS Khatib and surrounded by the ongoing construction of upcoming BTOs, the site carries a sense that it may not be their permanent home for long. It made me think of how stressful moving from place to place ...

Food Review | Charcoal Thai

Read a fair share of positive and negative reviews but then I decided to give it a try because, I won't resist Mookata. Moreover I got a voucher that entitles me for a jug of Thai Milk Tea, wait what? Bought my girlfriend a belated birthday treat at Charcoal Thai. Both of us never patronize here before so why not? Can have more constructive reviews from us. But end of the day, we preferred another Mookata elsewhere. Nevertheless, the service here is so far so good. Never wait very long. At $39.90 per set for Mookata with refillable soup, still worthwhile. Not entitled to their buffet spread. But who cares? Right? The portion is just nice for 2 ladies to share. We finish the whole plate of ingredients. And feeling just right. 80% full? I think that's fine esp when both of us who are on diet currently. Eat first exercise later. Haha...





The chicken soup ended up so salty that I hardly can swallow the vegetables. Probably like my girlfriend said the culprit is the marinated meat. That sizzling sound coming from the food is forcing out the extra marination. Thanks. No wonder all the meats were that tasty though. But we sort of overcooked some and makes it dry and hard. Try again people... Boo... And the Thai Milk Tea was decent and nothing to shout about. But I appreciate that it is not too sweet.


They do catering and BBQ menu (takeaway). So do find out more on the website.

They are at: 1 HarbourFront Walk,#03-07 (Beside Daiso), VivoCity, S098585
Nearest MRT: Harbourfront (NEL/Circle Line)
Visit their website at http://www.charcoalthai.com.sg

Popular Posts