Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Green Green!!!

Hmm... Few days back, had a meeting in the office with a rep from S'pore Env Council. Gt to know lots of tips on hw we can play a part in saving the environment. Haiz.. I tink is hard for everyone to start at one shot! So for my division, I start wit cutting down on papers. Haha... So after the meeting, I send out a email to my division on hw I wan them to save papers. Wahaa... I started my green movement at home lor. Haha... Every mornin b4 I step out of my hse, I switch off the main elect supply in my room and nw even took out e plug. It was known that there will stil b elect flowing even if we switch off the main supply. So I took out e plug. Haha.. At nite I onli jus throw my bag n change without switchin on e light. Hmm.. Kind of gd rite!!! Hee... I also did my part outside too. When I buy things, I put them in my bag instead of usin plastic bags. Hee... Hv been for some times le. Even b4 I went for tat meeting. Hee.. I tink they can ask mi to b e GREEN ambassador. So I v particular wit al these things. Even nw, I nv print my lecture notes for my lessons. I bring my laptop to class. All my lectures are in soft copies. Though is wastin of elect bt as least I save on papers first. Lots of things I had in mind... Goin to get everyone to do their part... Haha....

Popular Posts