Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Updates!!

Gt my results for my Sem 1 exam. Kaoz.. damn lousy results! Tis shows tat I hv nt been payin attention in class.. Al my mind was on Taipei trip durin exam. Haha... Bt ok la. at least I can make it lor. If nt, I cant imagine wat wil happen next. So thank god for everything. N mi enjoyin my holidays. Haha.. When I come bk, I start concentrating in my online shop biz. Hmm.. nt much sales. Al support by my colleagues. Thanks! Contribute those things I bought frm Taipei liao. Stil nobody buy. Make buttons earrings lor. simple ones. Lucky my colleague buy frm mi 7 pairs. So wit her support, I giv her discount too. Haiz... Nw quiet down liao. I tink I wil throw aside first. Cos next wk sch start liao. Sian... Go bk c tat stupid Class Rep! Sucks... stil gt 1.5yrs to go. So I jus tolerate. Once out of e sch, I duno him. He duno mi. Tats al. He is a total suck man! Hate it. So go bk sch, study hard. Lookin forward to my next trip. Hee... I save up money for holidays. Cos I tink stayin in SG wont bring u more knowledge lor. I wan to experience myself. Experience life is e best knowledge we can. Can go take lots of photos too... I wan to show off my photography skills. Hee.. my mum n auntie praise mi for the photos I took in Taipei. Tat makes mi more motivated to take more nice photos. Hee...... Year end coming. Time to set review my 2007 n set resolution for 2008 again. Every yr without fail.

Popular Posts