Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Crap!!!

Finally I went for 1km run after work for 2 consecutive days... Haha.. Quite shiok. I can slp well n early too... Hmm.. Shd continue tis way. Cos if nt I wil hang ard doin rubbish til 12mn onwards then slp. Shit! Tis comin Sun is e Shape Run. Tis time round shall break my last yr own record. Slight improvement in my 10km tis yr compared to last yr. Haha... Bt nw hvin flu. Duno shd go run tonite or do OT to earn money for my holidays. Haha.. Nvm. C hw in e afternoon. I dunwan to risk my life man... After runnin was damn shiok ar... Reali like tat feelin. HOt n sweaty. Sense of achievement when u complete e round. Haha... Hopefully tis Sun I can be in my best condition to complete e run. Like I say, banana is damn a good energy booster. I had 1 b4 each run. Shiok... Non stop run... Haha... Shall train more for next mth 2 marathons... al 10km.. Hee... Scary...

Popular Posts