Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Happy Mooncake Festival

Hee... Everyone shd rem this ba???? Use to eat this when I was small.. Lots of colours to choose frm. Everytime my uncle n auntie will buy for mi n my bro. Comes in a 2 sizes. Til nw I stil eat it. Bt tis yr, I had too much mooncakes till I scare. Wat to do!!! Everywhere is mooncake. Jus in my office, I had enuff frm there. Cos contractors give our Company ma. Hahaa.... My mum hangs lanterns at home. Haha.. To celebrate tis festival. B4 tat on Sun, we had our advance dinner le. Cos mi study at nite and my bro is workin late. So call celebrate early ba... Haha...

Popular Posts