Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Lynn's Birthday Eve

Last nite, went IMM Swensen to mit my fren for dinner after work. Hmm.. was rushin lor cos i rch Jurong East quite early but have to get my things done. Buy receipt book, a music CD for her as bday present. Cos tink she sometimes quite stress, mayb e music CD can help her relax abit. Then rush to NTUC to grab voucher for my gal fren's hse warmin today. Hee.. tink tis voucher is more practical for her. She v thrifty ba. Tink she onli buy wat she tinks is worth lifetime. Haha... Then walk as fast as I can to IMM. Kaoz... panting sia... When I rch, she is in the q. Bt nt long, we are seated in there. Had a wonderful meal. Yummy... Sad to say, tis is my v first time hvin clam chowder soup. Haha... not bad lor. Quite nice... THanks to her recommendation. Hee.. I had fish & chips and she had breaded chic. Yummy lov it.... After dinner we went Daiso walk ard, grab my things and head home. Walk wit her to her bro hse area then I walk 2 busstops ahead b4 I took bus 333 home. Haha.. Hope she like e CD I bought her.

Last but not least, I like to wish my gal fren, Lynn a Happy Virgo Birthday!!! Yeah....

Popular Posts