Food Review | Canton Paradise

And yes... After surviving through my 2nd semester, I'm glad to proceed the next semester in 2013. Finally is the 2nd and last year 2013 before I go to the next stage of my life and that is marriage.

Though is pre-planned, but I'm glad to meet up with my girl friend for that few hours of chewing the fat. We had our dinner at Canton Paradise, JCube. Been there few times with my guy for dinner and we love their food. So I bring her there since our initial plan was to have Nana's Green Tea (which we find out it sort of like close down is it? Correct me if I'm wrong.)  They use fresh ingredients for the fillings of har gow (shrimp dumplings), siew mai (pork dumplings, I guess according to Wikipedia) and so on. 

Their variety of congee deserves a 'Like' too. 

Simply what I love most. The thick kind of white porridge. Who don't love? Raise up your hand. U must be joking if you don't like.


The colour of their menu really blend in the restaurant ambience. 

 So are these too.


Yeah... My love for prawn cannot be described through words. I chose this Chee Cheong Fun (steamed rice roll/rice noodle roll) with prawns. There is another choice for Char Siew (bbq pork). Take a piece and dip in the sauce provided on the plate itself and enjoy. Marvellous taste!!!

This is what we had and no more than that. Anti-clockwise: Scallop congee, feng zhua (Canto-style chicken feet), Chee Cheong Fun, Har Gow and Xiao Long Bao. Oops... Spotted a small sauce plate size of peanuts. Eh... that's like a must for every table.

Ok... I must confess that it is the first time I had Feng Zhua after my girl friend persuaded me to try and keep saying is おいしい and so I submitted myself to it. And true enough, is very おいしい and I help myself to a few more. Wahahahah... Last time, my guy kept asking me to try but I refuse and I also don't know why by looking at it, I rejected it a million times. Till he give up. And now my girl friend just within minutes can persuade me to it. Okay. Cannot let him know. Next round if I'm with him, I will not reject anymore.

For Scallop congee, the scallop itself taste so-so. The youtiao (fried bread stick) is not crispy and fresh. But the consolation is the white porridge. Yummy... Slightly just a little bits watery (about 1%) but the thickness is well controlled. Well done! We had an equal share of that bowl. 

Xiao Long Bao is good!!!! The tasty soup together with the meat fillings = COMBO おいしい.

Never regret patronising Canton Paradise. I'm gonna bring my parents one fine day for a tea time at Canton Paradise.

There are various outlets in Singapore:



Canton Paradise - JCube
Add: 2 Jurong East Central 1 #02-09 JCube Singapore 609731
Tel: 6684 5080
MRT: Drop at Jurong East

Canton Paradise - Katong
Add: 112 East Coast Road #B1-15 I12 Katong Singapore 428802
Tel: 6344 8201

Canton Paradise - Compass Point
Add: Sengkang Square #03-19/20 Compass Point Singapore 545078
Tel: 6384 3797

Canton Paradise - The Star Vista (Newly Open) 
1 Vista Exchange Green #B1-45/46 The Star Vista Singapore 138617
Tel: 6694 2915
MRT: Drop at Buona Vista

Check out their link for more details. Enjoy your meal!