Get Vaccinated against Covid-19

Documenting the journey of us getting vaccinated against Covid-19 so that there is something to remember when we get old about this stupid idiotic pandemic that did nothing good to the world.

Early this year 2021, our government announced the start of our country's free vaccination drive, starting from the elderly and front liners then to the rest of the people in Singapore. Waiting for our turn since then. Heard from family and friends who had taken before us of the possible side effects that we might experience. But it isn't gonna be forever so just prepare to pop Panadols and drink more water. Don't think about how it will affect you in near future but think about now. Protect ourselves now. Better be safe than sorry.

Anyway from 1 Jan 2022 onwards, you have to be fully vaccinated in order to go back to the office. Get to work face to face with my colleagues instead of over the phone or face time. Finally seeing the lights on the other side of the tunnel. So better get vaccinated!

OUR 1ST JAB - APRIL 2021

I remembered receiving the call at my sister in law's house that we could take our 1st jab for Moderna right away because there were still available vaccines for that night, like an hour or 2 before the centre closed for the day. Guess what? I didn't bring my wallet as usual and only my phone. Initially wanted to go home and take but too much time wasted so I checked on my Singpass if the digital IC was available. Ooh lah lah... yes. So I took a shot and hurried down to the community centre with Mister who wanted so much to take Moderna and his wish granted.

Damn heng my digital IC on Singpass could be used and proceeded with the jab. From 1 Nov 2021, digital ICs will be accepted by most government agencies for public services in person. Thank God for that although my attempt in using digital IC was before this news came in here.

Took on my non-writing hand in case any pain or swollen acting up later. After the jab, sat there for 30 minutes to see if any side effects on the spot before releasing us with the vaccination card (paper actually), a box of face masks and sanitizer.

So the side effect I experienced wasn't that bad. Headache but I couldn't differentiate the headache I usually got from weekend naps or the vaccine. But took a panadol and it eased off. Mister totally the opposite of me, just felt no strength and that's all.

OUR 2ND JAB - MAY 2021

Didn't expect the side effect that bad for me. When I was given the jab, I could already feel the pain on my arm. From slight pain to the next day, swollen and it lasted for a week. And I can shamelessly go to work, baring my swollen arm. Simply heck care. 

That's not all. I woke up with a headache the next day after the vaccination. Actually the headache came while I was sleeping at night. Outrageous. So I couldn't do anything from the moment I woke up. It was still so painful even when I popped panadol and drank herbal tea. Totally no use and I was lying down like a dead. Towards the evening, I decided to pop Paracetamol (those we got from doctors in the clinic) instead because the next day I needed to head to the office. Thank god the pain subsided after few hours. Oh and Mister was still the same. No strength like the first jab though he ran treadmill the next day.

OUR BOOSTER JAB - NOVEMBER 2021

So we received the SMS from MOH, inviting us for the booster jab and each of us were given a unique individual booking code (everyone has different code) for the jab. We booked our slots at nearby clinic that administers Pfizer. Mister wanted a mix for booster jab which I already told him not advisable after asking my brother who is in healthcare field. Still, we go ahead. The link that states both Pfizer and Moderna are interchangeable for your read here.

THE DAY OF OUR BOOSTER JAB

Went out early to the coffeeshop for lunch before the jab. Mediocre food as usual.


First time doing it in a clinic instead of community centre. Asked to scan and filled up declaration and went in to wait. No number given, just wait to be called by the nurse because appointment basis.

And Mister was called in first but came out saying just asking some questions before the jab. Eh... waste time ya. We were told not to exercise for 2 weeks and no alcohol too. Fine. I must eat clean in order not to put on weight. Damn it.

Got our jab done by the doctor on duty at the clinic. Have to wait for 30mins after, as usual. Some countries require 15mins only. Ours longer but safer. Anything happens straight get treatment if needed. So 30mins later, get the so-called vaccination card (paper) and head home.

AFTER OUR BOOSTER JAB

All things are well for us but headache started to creep into me at about 11+pm near midnight the same day. Slight sore on my injected part but wasn't too uncomfortable.

I thought I slept my headache away but still waking up to discomfort or should I say pain on top of my head. So after our 1st meal of the day, I popped 2 panadols to get rid of the pain. Few hours later I'm fine. It felt like my 1st jab's experience. Heng I can go about doing my stuff like baking and preparing Christmas presents.

Wasn't sleeping well on the 2nd night. Fed up so got up and go about with my day. Discomfort with my head (not headache). Again, gonna pop panadol after my meal. Till now, Mister still feeling okay. Such a tough guy. And 3rd night I also didn't sleep well. OMG. I don't know if it is the excitement to go back office the following day or the after effect of the vaccine. Probably is the former. Because I slept better on the 4th night.

ADVISORY FROM MOH

We will receive a copy of what we can and cannot do after vaccination. Basically, NO STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES 2 WEEKS POST VACCINATION. Like running, competitive sports or ball games. We can, however do housework, casual walking and stretching.

Now we are done with 3 jabs. Let's look forward to a better 2022 (although that was what we said last year for 2021) and nothing but the better. Fingers crossed because a new variant Omicron just emerged. Oh man. Anyway, just pray and hope. Cheers.