Day out with the Folks | Jurong Bird Park

At the Flamingo Pool

Started off the new year right with a visit to Jurong Bird Park with my folks. Used the SingapoRediscover Vouchers for ticket purchase at $2.50 each (offer valid till end of Jan 2021) because you won't want to waste it. So hurry, do your part in supporting local tourism and also rediscover your own country again since overseas travel is still not possible yet. Take bus 194 🚌at Boon Lay Bus Interchange to reach your destination in an economical way.

Please take note that $2.50 promo price is only for entry to the Park. If you wanna take their tram ride or enter like Parrot Paradise, the promo price doesn't include. You can pay on the spot before entering.

Didn't expect to see much visitors on a weekday Monday especially. At least not as crowded as before because of the safe distancing measures. And we thought we could have dim sum for lunch but ended up, only opens on weekends. Was anticipating because it was at an affordable price of $2.50 per plate (if I remember correctly). Oh well... 

Check out all you need before visiting Jurong Bird Park: https://www.wrs.com.sg/en/jurong-bird-park.html

Here is the highlights of our day at Jurong Bird Park and if you wanna see more, watch them on my Youtube channel now!

So once you entered into Jurong Bird Park, be greeted by penguins 🐧 at Penguin Coast. They were so adorable and the way they walked was even amusing. In fact, the last time I saw penguins was my graduation trip to Melbourne, at Phillip Island for the Penguin Parade. That was like 6-7 years ago in 2014. 

Walked further in and be greeted by Flamingos at Flamingo Lake. They didn't looked up and kept their heads down most of the time. Water drinking and not much of movements. Looks like they weren't as hungry as the Pelicans.


At the same spot, 4 pelicans flew over right in front of us. It was huge if you saw them physically. They must be thinking that visitors would feed them and so flew over out of their territory, the Pelican Cove. Too bad, nothing for you guys. My dad almost wanna feed you with some biscuits but I stopped him. Nah...


Further ahead was Pelican Cove. Well well well... at least they looked up, sturdy looking, walking and flying around, being super kaypoh, waiting to be fed. If you watched my video, there was one that flew right next to us on the wooden bridge. 



We also went into Parrot Paradise and have to pay (can't remember the price) so asked for the price at the entrance. What Parrot Paradise? Noisy Paradise. The different species making lots of noise, super naughty and cute.




Last but not least, Waterfall Aviary (entrance fee required). The highlights here were the peacock and waterfall. And didn't expect to see 2 peacocks opening up when we arrived. We were damn lucky. A big and small sized peacocks. Then my mum spotted a funny yet nice looking bird. 🐦

The smaller one we first saw

The bigger one we saw after


The waterfall looking so beautiful in the middle of its greenery. I remember having a photo with my mum with the waterfall as the background when I was just a kid. Oh ya that time I was the only child before my brother arrived in the family. πŸ™†



That's all and probably you can bring your kids there to experience some nature or at least, greenery. Not many will enjoy such trips with your folks. Some may find it boring, uninteresting and so on. Then find something that you enjoy. My purpose is to accompany my folks and reminiscing my kiddo times. I got childhood okay? Different individuals, different kind of childhood and I think mine is good. Cheers.
.
.
.
For more places of interest in Singapore, you can refer to my past posts below: