Day Out with the Folks | Tanjong Pagar + Bugis Area

Major throwback to Vesak Day holiday in May 2017. Met up with my folks and aunt for a street walk and our plan was to walk through the areas of Tanjong Pagar and Bugis. It was raining that day but it didn't dampen our spirits. If I never follow them, I don't know what I am missing all these while. Follow me through the photo talk.




Thian Hock Keng Mural

Happen to come across this mural art in Amoy Street. A pleasant surprise. Beautifully drawn to describe the life of early Hokkien immigrants in Singapore.







Here is Thian Hock Keng, one of the majestic temples in Singapore and managed by Hokkien Huay Kuan. Used to come here when I was a kid. My grandparents would come here to make offering on some occasions. This temple has been around for many decades.




Chong Wen School

The site now has a hipster cafe but the structure of this place remained the same. Continue to immerse yourself in the beautifully craft paintings and the architectural details. Imagine the expectations back then.






Rochor Centre

On our way to Sungei Road, we walked past the iconic rainbow colour estate, Rochor Centre. The residents have been evicted as it is making way for the North-South Expressway.


Singapore-Johore Express Terminal

Walking ahead, we past by the terminal where people board and alight from buses that travel between Singapore and Johore. Across the road, you get a glimpse of Rochor Centre.



Sungei Road a.k.a Thieves Market

See the first and last of it before it closed in July 2017. Some stall owners resist photo-taking and will scold you. Okay fine! I want photos of the place not them!!! Selling a lot of old stuff and probably you might find some gems within. 







This post really a late one and you peeps must have already see my previous posts on my day out with the folks. But better late than never. I don't just eat but explore places of Singapore and beyond. Looking forward to the next outing already. Stay tune.