Local Travel | Jewel Changi Airport

Most of us should be familiar with this place by now (superb touristy place) especially with that iconic waterfall being the centre of attraction since its opening in April 2019. I have been there thrice with friends, husband and on my own. The travelling time took me like forever on public transport. From North to East and back. So I will consider carefully what I wanna achieve going to Jewel first. Too tedious, unless we drive there or we stay in the East. The latter looks not possible.



Looking at the waterfall from different angles, it looks like a hidden gem in the day from the greenery and a spectacular view when night falls that over shines the green.


So what can you do at Jewel Changi Airport? This is basically a huge shopping mall (no duty free) with food and retail outlets plus cinema. And it is connected to Terminal 1 Arrival Hall. WOW! Lucky visitors coming into Singapore. Straight out to Jewel before heading to your accommodations. The usual thing we will do: eat, shop and watch movie. I did all 3 when I was there 3 times. 

For me, I wanna visit Pokemon Centre. Never been to the ones in Japan so here I am without flying out of the country. Steep price tag for their merchandises but it was interesting. I saw all the familiar Pokemons from my Pokemon Go and it was just awesome. 






And there is A&W that I wanna have for a long time. Finally this fast food chain is back in Singapore after decade. I love their curly fries the most, then their rootbeer float and waffle ice cream. I'm sure you people out there will agree.





What else? Food again! Went to AOne for dinner twice with friends and hubby. Why? Because no queue. The food was decent though a little pricey. Okay I like their claypot porridge thou.





And there is this Shake Shack that everyone goes crazy over it with super duper long queue since its opening. I wonder what is the hype. So I tried, on my own. Meh... mediocre and expensive. My first and last.




And lastly, Chun Yang from Taiwan, endorsed by Taiwanese celebrity, 陈建州 (known as 黑人 too). Honestly, anything Taiwan is love for me.



I think the majority will be there for food and movie. Oh and Starbucks Reserve. Then watched midnight movie with my husband once (Shaw Theatres Jewel has IMAX) and even shop at Fairprice after that. And bought Lim Chee Guan Bak Kwa before Chinese New Year in January 2020. No freaking long queue. 

Okay that's all. Visit this place at least once. Bye!

Jewel Changi Airport
78 Airport Boulevard
Singapore 819666
Nearest MRT: Changi Airport Station (CG2)