Day Out with the Folks | Visit to Gardens By The Bay

Seriously, I have never stepped in this place properly to view the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest. How did I come by them? When I am participating in runs esp Great Eastern Women Run. The route sure includes passing by these two conservatories. And then it will be the only time where my husband brought me there in the night to see those light ups. And that is very random. I don't even know where the main entrance is till today. 

This visit was a birthday treat for my mum and too bad, my bro has to work so only the three of us went (my husband is working too). I'm clearing my leave though (shall explain more on my work again). 

Ticket Purchase
Bought my tickets online because of the discounts for locals like us. Just print out the e-tickets and bring along with you. They will scan and chop at the conservatories' entrance. $18 for adult and $13.50 for senior citizens. Click on the link here.

Direction
Took MRT to Tanjong Pagar station (EW Line) and hop in to bus 400 at the bus-stop outside International Plaza (take exit B, once up in the open, turn right, a much quicker way than exit C). This bus takes to Gardens By The Bay South entrance. If you are not sure which bus-stop to alight, ask the friendly bus captain. Alternatively, you can take the train to the nearest station which is Bayfront. Cut through MBS hotel to get there or take another exit, whichever way you fancy.

So we arrive there at 12 noon and took us like 1.5 hours or more to complete our visit.

Let us start with Flower Dome. Please prepare yourself to see lots of beautiful flowers.











Off we go to the next conservatory, Cloud Forest. After you exit from the gift shop, you will see the entrance to Cloud Forest on your right. Nothing much there except for the water fall that is about 6 to 7 storey high. And also the tree top walk which you have to take a lift up to level 6 and climb up to level 7 (the highest) to start that walk. Don't have to worry that you are gonna walk lots of stairs. There are escalators at certain levels. 




It was quite cooling in both conservatories so no worries about the heat (I know is hot out there). After 1.5+ hrs, we were done. Took a break before walking again to Marina Bay Sands. Quite a distance away and is really hot. If you are willing to spend $3 one way shuttle service which brings you to Bayfront train station, please do so. But then for us, find it not worth. So we walked over through the directional signs. My folks really walked a lot today. But we have the nicest view of this place on our way.




After about 10-15 minutes walk, we reached MBS. Time for a high tea treat at TWG. It has been long since we had high tea. Remember when we were young, my dad used to bring us for high tea at hotels like Carlton with my cousins. Those were the days. But that doesn't mean we can't do it now. Chose 2 sets of 3 tiers that are on the savoury side and of course some the sweet. And 3 of us drank like 3 pots of tea. OMG. I think we are too thirsty.








Ended our day in the mid afternoon and everybody is back home happy though tired from all the heat and walking. But once a while these trips do bond us more. Next round must grab my brother along. 

Enjoy.