Grilled Soya Sauce Chicken
This dish consists of two drumsticks. Unlike my previous attempts using mid-joints and wings, this is much simpler and time-saving. Probably you might have seen posts on my homemade/homecooked fried chicken or on my Instagram but then, this time round I'm using Panasonic NN-CS894B Steam Convection Microwave Oven to do the job instead of air-fryer.
Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 18 mins
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 2 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Premium Black Bean Marinade Sauce
- 1 tsp of Dark Soya Sauce
- Put the marination ingredients on drumsticks and mix them well. Ensure the drumsticks are well-covered with the sauces. Then cover with cling wrap over the bowl and fridge overnight. For me, I leave it for 2 nights. I always believe the longer you leave it, the more flavourful it will be.
- Ready to cook. choose Crispy Grill on Panasonic NN-CS894B Steam Convection Microwave Oven for 5 mins first.
- When it is done, pour in the balance marination sauce sparsely for better and balance colouration on the drumsticks and continue for another 5 mins.
- When it is done, flip the drumsticks to the other side and pour the marination sparsely and continue for 13 mins.
Brief Pictorial Illustration:
|Grease the grill tray and put the drumsticks on it|
|Set Crispy Grill mode|
|Set the timing|
Conveniently, Panasonic NN-CS894B Steam Convection Microwave Oven has all functions that caters to your different needs. There are Steam, Bake, Grill and Microwave. All in one oven. It is easy to use and clean. I'm glad that I have tried their Steam, Micro Power and Crispy Grill mode. As easy as 123.
Winter Melon Soup
There is a Chinese saying that to capture a man's heart, you first have to capture their appetite. Coming back home to a wonderful meal prep by their dutiful wife, I guess many husbands out there will appreciate it after a long day at work. Well... a pot of nice soup is gonna chase away that blues or even the tiredness/happiness. I have tried many types of soup and it always the repeated ones. So decided to venture out on new ones which I never tried before. The husband suggested Winter Melon soup. So I got down to doing it.
Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 534g Winter Melon
- 250g Spare Ribs
- A handful of Korean Glass Noodles (or any tang hoon)
- 1.8 litres of Water
- 3/4 Knorr Chicken Stock Cube
- A pinch or two of salt (optional)
- Blanch the spare ribs for a minute or till no blood trace can be seen.
- Bring 1.8 litres of water to boil before putting in the spare ribs and winter melon.
- Cover with lid and boil for 30 mins.
- Add in glass noodles at last 10 mins (it takes a little longer to cook for Korean Glass Noodles).
- Then the chicken stock cube and mix well in the pot. A pinch or two of salt.
- Turn off the fire and it is ready to serve.
Brief Pictorial Illustration
|Pour in water and put to boil|
|Put in spare ribs and wintermelon to boil|
For more efficient cooking, the ECONAVI function allows the concentration of both heater and the microwaves on Auto Menu to be of the frontal grill tray when you are cooking for 1 to 2 persons like us.
Find out more from Panasonic Singapore now.