Skip to main content

NEW POST

Celebrating 30 Years of Starbucks SG: Hunting Down 8 Iconic Store Stamps in 2 Weeks

Whether you’re team YouTube or team Blog, I’ve got you covered! Moving forward, I’ll be pairing my video uploads with extra-detailed blog posts so you get the full scoop every time. In honor of Starbucks’ 30th Anniversary in Singapore (opened in 14.12.1996) , they released exclusive store stamps across 8 iconic outlets . I set out on a two-week mission to collect every single one. And it turned out to be equal parts of café exploration and endurance test; braving the intense tropical heat of Singapore and racking up serious steps as part of my daily exercise, just to reach outlets like Gardens by the Bay! But discovering new stores and filling up my journal made every step worth it. Here’s how the whole quest went down! Grab a journal card at any of the 8 iconic stores and get started! #1 Stop - Chinatown My stamp hunt officially kicked off at the 37 Smith Street outlet in Chinatown, the most convenient starting point for me since it’s just one stop train ride from my office during m...

Food Review | A1 Abalone Noodle

I keep hearing from the husband about this raving A1 Abalone Noodle and how his contractor's whole family go crazy over it because it tastes good and sometimes when lady luck is with you, prepare to find 2 abalones inside the pack. Well... happen to pop in Giant Hypermarket and saw that it is on promotion ($3.05, UP: $3.95) so I bought 2 packs to try. Excuse me. Don't wishful thinking that is those 5 in one pack. NO! It is a single packet that cost this expensive. Great. This shall be my dinner for tonight.



So the packet contains these 3 items mainly, Emperor Herb Chicken Spices Powder, noodles and abalone along with its sauce. The spice powder tastes like Bak Kut Teh (probably the herbal taste) at first but thereafter, Myojo Chicken Tanmen seasoning taste came along. Oh... the combination is easily determined. However, it didn't give me that 'Wow' factor. Also, the abalone is tiny little one. *roll eyes* There is some sauce along with the abalone so I just pour all in without wasting. 



Rather than a plain bowl of noodles, I add in 2 slices of Tau Pok, cut into 4 pieces each slice and throw in to cook. I have some balance in the fridge so why not?

If asked whether worth the buy, I would say no need to go craze over it. It is just another packet of expensive instant noodles with a tiny abalone. I understand there are probably more expensive ones out there. So probably if you really want to try, go ahead. Experience it yourself to determine worth or not. Different taste buds tell different stories. Sometimes, human like myself need to 'throw away' some money before you know its worthiness. Maybe a balance of those liking it or not.

I don't hate nor like. 

Popular Posts