Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Snap SNAP

Alright. Heavy investment I guess. But I  photography. 

Guess that's part of my plan in future. Setting up a small studio of mine for photoshoots.

But my guy said that I should start from home first. 

Right! He said he will not rent out the other room (of our new flat) to others and let me do my stuff.

Hey one more room is his entertainment room. Damn it! I think I shall share that room with him.

Half for me and half for him.

And we can still carry on with renting a room for extra income.

Why I photography? I don't know. Maybe influence by my dad previously who always pinpoint on how I take photos.

What I  to shoot on? Food, product and holiday peektures. Even if the food is awful, so long the shots are taken perfectly. Even if it is a lousy trip, so long it captures the best moment at the right place, at the right time. Even if I don't really use or think that product is good, capturing it in a way which will capture the heart of others.

My Instagram is flooded with food peeks! My Canon digicam captures all holiday, food and product peeks.

I found what I need for a start. For product shoots. Gonna make a trip down to Peninsula Plaza and see for myself.

So excited.

And then is a good camera. Deciding between Canon and Nikon. Any suggestions?

The list goes on. Never ending. But the dream will come through.

Do look for me in near future (maybe from 2014 onwards) for your product shoots. I will charge a reasonable price for a newbie me in this line. Remember my email: iamstellachen@ymail.com

Will set up another blog just as a gallery. Stay tune. I mean real soon. 

Will continue to learn and practice to be perfect one day. 

Popular Posts