Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Garden By The Bay in the night

My guy brought me there on a weekday night.  We walked from Marina Square, passed by The Esplanade, Floating Platform, Helix bridge then turn to our right down the staircase before the way heading to MBS and cross that dark underpass and here we are, at GBTB!  Alright, is really very dark as you walk and not much of lamp post. U will see a lot of runners having their routine jog and with that pitch dark, quite dangerous for them and also for those heading to GBTB.  I hope the authority can look into it because is about safety of the public. Anyway, let's enjoy the few pics I selected to post.


On this 2nd peek, you feel like there are lots of stars in the sky right? Twinkle twinkle little star....



I think you peeps realise that I keep snapping different angles of this OCBC Skywalk. I wanna go up!!!! But the ticket booth is closed. Too bad! Adult at $5 and Children at $3 (If I can rem correctly). Well next round I will go there early. 


Alright... End the visit with a peekture from Helix Bridge....



I'm not sure how it really look like in the daytime but from the peektures I saw from others, okay but I find the night of GBTB is nice... I shall visit one more time for the Skywalk and see the light show. So do visit there at least once. Can't be a mountain turtle right since we lived in Singapore?  Once is enough. U been there.  Nearest MRT station, Bayfront. 

Cheers....

Popular Posts