Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Lao Ban Soya Beancurd 老伴豆花

I'm not sure why there is a craze over this beancurd. I have tried it myself for the 3rd time. 2 times treat and 1 time I pay for it. Yup... soft and delicate, bits of sweet which is still bearable. Nothing special to me. Main outlet at Old Airport Road. Subsequently 2 more outlets at Maxwell Market and basement of One Raffles Place. Okay is definitely a long q. And people are buying in bulk. Hahaha... Like 7 bowls. Sometimes I do c 14 - 17 bowls one shot. OMG! The price is reasonable. Not pricey sort. I had it at One Raffles Place outlet. Starts from 8.30am I think. Then by noon, sold out. Den it comes again at 4pm, the new batches. Is still long q. Foreva. Hey tell me what is the thingy that attracts them to q for it.

Popular Posts