Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Stress...

Nw, jus gt to noe that next wk on the first day of sch reopens, I have a test. On e same wk Thursday, I hv another test. Haiz.. over enjoy my 3 wks break. Nw hv to hurry up get al e revision done. I onli manage to study 3 quarter of my Mon's paper. Haiz... Shd finish by today for the Monday test. Den tml can study for Thursday test.. Hmm.. like tat den gt time to accompany my guy. Hmm.. I tink he wil oso wan mi to study.. K lor.. I brin along my book to study when I mit him lor.. Steady rite? Ok shall concentrate on e tests next wk.. Hee.. gt motive de.. I wan to get good grades so tat he can fulfill wat he promised for next yr.. Go go go.. I can de la.. Bt quite sleepy nw after last nite's clubbin session. Tryin to concentrate... Jia You!!!!

Popular Posts