Lady Dior House at 5 Jiak Kim Street

Super grateful for meeting the nicest SA from Dior 2 years ago when I first made the biggest purchase in my life: a Medium Lady Dior bag that cost SGD8500 back then (now SGD10K). He is a young man that doesn't judge me (for being a commoner hahahah), nor arrogant and has shown his hard work through his dedication to his clients.

The 1st time I was invited to Dior's event back in 2023 October for their new collection launch. Bought a Toujour Medium, CD lock necklace and a twilly for my Book tote. Wow I saw a hole in my pocket.

And this time in 2024, he invited me to Lady Dior House exhibition, happening from now till 11 August 2024. Fixed an appointment to go with my bestie (my fixed human to go any Dior event since the 1st one) on a Friday so that we can hang out after the exhibition.

This exhibition showcased a wide selection of Lady Dior bags that inspired artists around the world to share their captivating projects like Lady Dior As Seen By and Dior Lady Art. Also you will see how our local artists Grace Tan, Genevieve Chua and Samuel Xun interpret Lady Dior through their creative minds.

Fun facts: Do you know the Cannage motif on Lady Dior bag was inspired by the Napoleon III chairs that Mr Christian Dior seated his guests at his shows? And rightfully, Lady Dior bag is created in 1995.


Artist: Alice Anderson ~ Inspired by the Mummy, to create eternal life through wrapping layers of copper wire

Artist: Bui Cong Khanh ~ The Wandering Clouds

Artist: Yesum Yoon ~ Lady Dior As Seen By

Artist: Xu Zhen ~ The coolest piece ever and I love this!


Artist: Gilbert & George ~ Lying on a pile of bones

Artist: Mariko Mori ~ The sun and the bubbles

Artist: Lee Kun-Yong ~ Another fav piece!

Artist: Francoise Petrovitch ~ Hi Birdie!

Ultra large Lady Dior Bag showing the artisans making the bags

If you look carefully, they use tarot cards to make up the shape of a Lady Dior Bag.

What I have learnt about my Lady Dior Bag:
  • It takes about 24 hours to make a Medium Lady Dior Bag;
  • When you flip apart the handles, you can see a CD;
  • You can see number 8 on the logo charm on the bag;
  • The side of the bag looking like Eiffel Tower.
A small but interesting exhibition by Dior and finally get to know more about Lady Dior. If you wanna pay a visit to the exhibition, go book a slot from now till 11 August 2024. Instagram-able too. Enjoy!