Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

[RECIPE] Keto Cookies - Squid Game Theme



Honestly, my bakes had to fill the Mister's stomach in the morning before he headed out for work. So I couldn't be doing Dalgona Candy for the sake of the trend. So after some thoughts, Cookies were the best option and I did not need to get cookie cutters to make those shape, just a cup or a chopstick and pressed on the cookie for the shape. It worked out well for me so you could too.

Most importantly, I used what I have in the kitchen to make it. Utilizing as much as possible. Reduce food wastage and prevent money wasted.


Ingredients:
  • About 50g of butter, softened
  • About 70g of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tbsp of caster sugar
  • 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1 egg (about 63g with shell)
  • 3 cups of Almond blanched flour
  • 1/2 cup Oreo Cookie Crumbs
Method:
  1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
  2. Beat softened butter, cream cheese and sugar till light and fluffy.
  3. Add in vanilla extract, salt and egg to beat well with the mixture.
  4. Once done, add in almond flour 1/2 cup at a time. Make sure mix well.
  5. Then add oreo cookie crumbs and let it mix well. You will get a crumbly texture that still sticks.
  6. Lay a baking sheet on the tray. Scoop and roll the dough into round shape before pressing it flat with your palm.
  7. Press the dough and do the Squid Game Shaping with a cup and chopstick. Don't press overly hard so as the shape shows up.
  8. Bake for 15 mins or until the side turns golden brown.
And I did the game myself by breaking it. How did I fare? Would I get 'shot down' or pass? Hahaha... I felt this recipe should be of soft cookies type. Or was it just me who did wrong in some steps? 

Popular Posts