Culinary | Homecooked Porridge

Let me share with you peeps the recipe to my weekend breakfast: Porridge. The husband taught me once and that's it. I'm quite satisfied with my porridge nowadays and is easy though we go through some shortcuts. But why now? Time saver when you have a food processor. Time is precious.

In Singapore, you can have porridge at anytime of the day, even supper. When you are sick, porridge is the best companion. It tastes light when you don't really have appetite. 


Cooking time: 1 hour

Ingredients (Serving for 3 persons):

1000ml of water
1 cup rice grains
2 spoonfuls of minced onion
1 small can of pickled lettuce (optional)
1 egg
1/2 chicken stock cube
Pepper

Method:

1. Use a food processor and grind the rice grains till almost like powder form.
2. Put about 900-1500ml of water to boil, pour in the processed rice grains.
3. Add minced garlic and pickled lettuce to boil after step 2.
4. When it is almost done, put the chicken stock cube and egg.
5. Stir the porridge well so that the egg is mixed in balance.
6. Before off the stove, add some pepper at your preference.
7. Garnish with fried onions or spring onions.

Other than pickled lettuce, you can choose others like luncheon meat, shredded chicken, canned peanuts or have it plain if you want. Mine is so juvenile so I guess those veteran cooks will find this nothing. But I feel good with this recipe and have been cooking most of the Sundays for breakfast. 

I found the pre-made dough fritters at NTUC that costs $4.35. The size fits in airfryer (mine is Philips airfryer) so oil-free dough fritters. 180deg for 10 mins. Just nice so don't overdo it. 

Shall Hope to share more of my homecooked recipes soon. Stay tune! And remember to credit me!