Food Review | Tim Ho Wan

Suggested going for dimsum dinner with the husband here at Tim Ho Wan since there is no exaggerating queue and he hasn't tried it yet though. Featured in the Michelin guide, heard lots of raving reviews about Tim Ho Wan, how nice their food are and on the negative side will be always their queue like long waiting and crowded. I was like so tempted to go since I never been to the one in Hong Kong, although I did once had a take-away for my parents who were not very impressed with their dimsum. The husband has this particular taste bud so he might have a different say.


So their menu is just one glance on a sheet of paper. Limited varieties but have those staples (must-have) of a dimsum eatery like Prawn Dumpling (Har Gow), Siew Mai and so on.


Shared with the husband these 7 items and is enough to fill up the stomach even without a proper meal. The overall taste was just like those we had at other Chinese restaurants that serve dimsum. And I don't see that if there is a next round at Tim Ho Wan, I will EVER order Siew Mai again because I dislike that fishy salted fish taste. I mean I had so many of siew mai but why on earth salted fish taste in it?  And that Beancurd skin with Pork & Shrimp is a little too salty and luckily we had congee to lighten the salty taste.

Okay. We didn't have their Big 4 Heavenly King Dimsum: Baked Bun with BBQ Pork, Pan Fried Carrot Cake, Vermicelli Roll with Pig’s Liver, and Steamed Egg Cake because it is too mainstream. Oh the previous time I takeaway the 1st two items and found that the carrot cake wasn't crispy enough but the baked bun was good and sweet coming from the fillings. So their Baked Bun with BBQ Pork can try.

OUR FAVOURITE

GLUTINOUS RICE DUMPLING

Very fragrance glutinous rice wrapped with lotus leaf. The ingredients were quite generous. Drink more tea for digestion.



CONGEE

This congee is good and every scoop looks like congee paste. I hope I can one day cook a pot of congee like this. The portion is too small for its price.



VERMICELLI ROLL WITH BBQ PORK


The texture of the skin was so thin that you can easily slice through into half. The only down side was having parsley within. It tastes weird with parsley. I still prefer the one with purely BBQ pork. 


It was kind of over-rated here in Singapore and I'm sure that those I have already been are better ones to compare with here. Probably can try again if I'm in Hong Kong because it is always good to have it at its country of origin. And if you ask if it is worth the wait, I would say No.

TIM HO WAN
3 Gateway Drive #01-13/14

Westgate, Jurong East
Singapore 608532
Tel: (65) 6686 2000

Opening Hours:
11.00am – 10.00pm (Monday – Friday)
9.00am – 10.00pm (Sat/Sun and Public Holiday)
Last Order @ 0930pm.