Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Online Shopping Again

Oh well... Up to date, out of 7 items I have ordered, received only 4 items. 2 items still awaiting for shipment and yes, they said 14 days upon payment made then they will arrange for shipment and today is the 14th day. And the status is still under 'Preparing Shipment'. What the heck! Sighz... Guess what? One is missing. I wonder is it the postman keep it away. Damn it. Same item, I ordered 2 nos. and I thought it will come together but instead only 1 came and the other lost. Now I am claiming for refund. But I made other purchases yet again.

Swimwear which cost a total of $8.50!!!!

Samsung Galaxy W mobile cover for my brother, cost $15.86. Bought white and black.

Handmade earcap accessories at a total of $5.90!!!!!

Popular Posts