Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Good Sunday Everyone

Well... Finally manage to get up in the morning at 7am with my guy, for a short morning run. Hahahaha.... I almost wanted to give up waking up.  But for the sake of our planned breakie at KFC, I just have to do it. And so, we went for a real slow run.


Not my personal best record but running beside him is good. His usual pain on the legs has made him run slower than his own personal timing. Actually ran a bit more than the record above. Just that this stupid GPS thingy is not working and can't sense any signal at all. And I have to switch off and on again. Kaoz.... And damn it. I never realise I set the wrong activity type. Biangz... Instead of running, I set to walking. And realise it only when we stop. Arrghhh.... Anyway, that's the thing. So we walk a 2km to KFC for our breakfast. Seldom have breakfast at fastfood restaurants. 


Is a real hearty breakfast. Love it. Though I never finish my waffles but I bring back the leftovers.

Tomorrow is yet another day at work. Boring... Shall do my stuff at my own pace. I am so reluctant to work. Really!  No motivation at my workplace. So sickening! I don't wish to be a corporate slave forever! No way.... I am gonna find a way out. Maybe in photography or culinary... In the midst of it now with practice cum training... Must stay tune! 

Popular Posts