Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Advance Mother's Day Treat

Alright... To avoid the crowd during the weekends, I decided to bring my mum out for a simple treat... Eh... maybe is just that over the weekends I will be at my guy's place, so I bring forward and my dad agree to it too... He hates crowd. *clap clap*  Wanted to bring them to the new shopping mall, JCube for a dim sum dinner but my dad said that it will be damn crowded cos is Fri and maybe there is some who are as clever as us. Well... We had our dinner at coffeeshop. Hmm... Real simple fare... 

Hee... There is seaweed soup, toufu, you-tiao, broccoli with scallop, yam ring.... For the whole of today, I had too much... By dinner, I am still full (even during lunch time, I am still feeling full). And this is what I left on my plate... Oops...
Now... I know I can share with my mum for rice. Half half. Chit chat over the dinner table, finishing almost everything.  Yup I mean almost. 

Bought a gift for my mum and my guy presented to my mum. As usual, everything I source. Den he pays for it. 
Anyway, my mum already said to him that she only gets to see during CNY and today. He told her he is busy. Crap! Lucky today I asked him along. Imagine I am the one seeing his family more than he sees my family. Well... He has to do something about it. If not, he gets it when he goes over to ask for my hand. Hahahahaha....

So that's my Mother's Day celebration for my mummy. Guess over the weekend is with his family. 

Popular Posts